Say hello to THE spring salad of your dreams. This salad has a fresh and vibrant flavour that is perfect for the upcoming warmer weather that we hope Vancouver will be getting soon!! The tangy lime dressing packs a powerful punch of flavour that we can't get enough of and the juicy mango in the cucumber salad is to die for. This is a great salad to prep for a work lunch because it packs well and doesnt need to be reheated. We used our go-to spicy tofu in this salad because it never disappoints and is such an easy protein to make. An added bonus about this recipe is that it follows the Balanced Plate Method promoted by Canada's Food Guide in which ½ of the plate is made up of fruit/vegetables, ¼ of the plate is grains and the remaining ¼ of the plate is protein!
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 large Persian cucumber, chopped
- 1 mango, cubed
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- cilantro to your liking, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- cooked grain of choice, we used couscous
- greens of choice
- avocado, sliced
- sesame seeds
1. Press out as much liquid as possible from the tofu using a clean dish towel
2. Cut the tofu into cubes and add it to a bowl.
3. Coat the tofu with cornstarch.
4. Add the soy sauce, oil and sriracha to the tofu and mix so that all pieces are coated evenly.
5. Add the tofu to a lined baking sheet and bake at 400F for 25-30mins, flipping the tofu halfway.
1. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
1. Whisk the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Pour half of the dressing over the cucumber salad and mix well.
3. Save the other half of the dressing to be drizzled over the finished salad bowls.
1. Add your greens and cooked grains to a bowl. Then add the cucumber salad and cooked tofu. Finally top with avocado, sesame seeds and the rest of the dressing.