Gluten-Free, Vegan Peanut Butter Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are not only delicious, but they are gluten-free and vegan! These cookies get their sweetness from the Medjool dates, cranberries, and vegan chocolate chips instead of adding sugar. When shopping for peanut butter, choose peanut butter with only 1-2 ingredients (i.e. peanuts, and maybe some salt). If you try making these, make sure you let us know how they turn out - share them on Facebook or Instagram and tag us @VancouverDietitians!
Ingredients: ● 1⁄2 cup date paste (6 pitted Medjool dates + 1⁄3 cup water) ● 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour ● 1⁄4 cup natural peanut butter ● 1 tsp vanilla extract ● 1⁄2 tsp baking soda ● 1⁄4 tsp salt ● 1⁄4 cup vegan chocolate chips ● 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Recipe: 1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. To make the date paste blend the dates & water in a blender until smooth.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the chocolate chips & cranberries, and mix to form batter.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips & cranberries.
5. Scoop out 1 heaping Tbsp of dough, roll into a ball, and flatten on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat using all of the dough.
6. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week, but they are best served fresh. 8. Optional: if you would like the cookies to be a bit sweeter, try adding 1-2 tbsp of coconut sugar or maple syrup.